For smartphone makers, it is quite easy to launch new smartphones but when it comes to updating their previously launched phones, it is quite a hassle. But Chinese brand Blackview has announced that its handset Blackview BV5000, which was launched last year, will be updated from Android 5.1 Lollipop to Android 6.0 Marshmallow starting May 9.
The new update comes with several new features and performance improvements. Some of the features that this update brings are listed below:
- New RAM management procedure, it takes less amount of RAM when apps are running in background.
- Better battery management, now the battery will last longer and will give more hours of operating time.
- Faster system updates, updates will be delivered much faster than others.
- Users can now uninstall a system App without Root access.
- New Night Mode, which saves energy and reduces strain on eyes of the user during night time.
- New notification bar, you can operate the smartphone display without unlocking the phone.
Below are some screenshots of Blackview Bv5000 running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This update comes as a surprise for many Blackview BV5000 users as this device was launched last year. As a reminder Blackview BV5000 features a 5.0 inch 2.5D curved glass display with HD resolution. It is powered by a MediaTek MT6735 chipset clocking 1.0GHz aided by 2GB RAM.
Blackview BV5000 came with 16GB internal storage which supports expandable storage up to 32GB via SD card. On the rear, there is an 8MP camera along with a 2MP camera up front. It comes with 4G LTE enabled among other connectivity options. A massive 5000mAh battery is fueling this smartphone. This smartphone is available in Camouflage, Sunny Orange and Violet Black colors. To get more information about Blackview BV5000 you can go to this link.
If you want to purchase this smartphone then it is available on Aliexpress.com for $117.99.
You can also check out the ruggedness of the phone from the video down below.