So finally the wait is over! After a beta testing period, today the major update is rolling out for the UMi Plus and will reach all the users within 24 hours, so the very successful Helio P10-powered product is ready to get an important refresh which we think the users will welcome with open hands.
The closed beta was released a few months ago and was shared with a few selected users in order to develop it together, listening the feedbacks and the suggestions to give the best possible user experience. Some weeks later, the project moved to the “open beta” stage, where everyone could flash the ROM. UMi promised to roll out the update before Christmas, and with today’s announcement the company has stood to its promise, an earlier Christmas gift from UMi to its users!
UMi Plus Android 7 update main features
1. Vulkan API support for enhanced 3D graphics
2. Customizable quick settings menu and direct reply through message notifications
3. Multi-Window view and quick switch between apps
4. More than 1500 emojis and multi-locale settings
Before applying the OTA, make sure to make a backup of your data. After the update:
- All the quick settings that you had set up before will be removed
- Fingerprint ID will be removed, so you need to set it up again
In addition, UMi promised the update for Super and Max as well. The company told us they will be pushed out this month, so more good news for UMi users.