The newly released Ulefone Armor 2 seems to be a good option for those who are looking for a waterproof device. But how does it perform in real-life scenarios? Well, we find the answer in the 30-minute waterproof test made by folks from Ulefone.
In theory, featuring IP68 dust and water proof certification, the Armor 2 should survive submersion in water up to 1.5 meters for up to an hour, and meet customers’ need in day-to-day usage. In the video, the tester sunk the Armor 2 while playing a video, into a fish tank. As you can see in the video below, 30 minutes later, the tester took the Armor 2 out of the fish tank and found it remains intact and works perfectly well. For those of you who are taking a wait-and-see approach, the test video could greatly dispel your doubts.
Ulefone Armor 2 main features
- IP68 dust-proof and waterproof grade
- Support 1.5-meter depth in the water for an hour
- Support 1-meter depth in concrete for 24 hours
- TPU housing with some parts in glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate material and metal
- Working temperature range: -400C to 800C
- Helio P25 octa-core processor clocked at 2.6GHz
- 6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage expandable up to 256GB
- 4700mAh battery with 9V/2A PE+2.0 fast charge supported
- 16MP rear +13MP front waterproof cameras
- 5″ FHD display with an impressive PPI of 441, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Extensive frequency bands with 27 frequency bands under 6 network types
- Front-facing fingerprint scanner, barometer, NFC supported
- 6 physical buttons on the edges: power on/off button, volume +/- button, PTT button, shutter button, and SOS button
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Two color variants: dark gray and golden
You can learn more about the Ulefone Armor 2 on the company’s official website. Currently, the phone is available for presale with a discounted price of $259.99. After the presale ends on August 22nd, the price will jump back up to the original level of $299.99.