Xiaomi Mi 5X
Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
Primary 12 MP f/2.2 + 12 MP f/2.6, + Secondary 5 MP
Mi 5X Release
The Mi 5X was announced in China on July 26th and initially released on August 1. Xiaomi released a sister device known as the “Xiaomi A1“.
The smartphone is targeted at the mid-range market aimed to compete with Oppo and Vivo’s devices.
Xiaomi have reportedly sold 300,000 devices on the first sale day (01/08/17).
Xiaomi’s Mi 5X is powered by a Snapdragon 625, unlike suggested rumors of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835.
The device is paired with 4GB RAM and a base storage of 64GB, with the ability to expand with a MicroSD up to 128GB in (VFAT format).
The MicroSD expansion will replace the secondary SIM card slot in the SIM tray.
In its original packaging, the device will come along with: SIM Tray Ejector, USB C-USB A Cable, Power Adapter, Documentation.
The device is available in Rose Gold, Gold and Black options. (Update 11.11.17): Red variant unveiled.
Xiaomi Mi 5X - PRICE
- 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB ROM From $209.00
- 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB ROM From $199.99
- 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM From $239.00
Xiaomi Mi 5X - SPECIFICATIONS
- Type Design Type called form factor refers to a mobile phone's size, shape, and style as well as the layout and position of major components of phone. There are three major form factors seen in mobile phones => bar phones, folding phones and sliding phones.Bar
- Dimensions155.4 x 75.8 x 7.3 mm
- Display Type Display Technology => A number of display technologies and types used in mobile phones => TFT (Thin Film Transistor), IPS (In-Place Switching), OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode), AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode), Super AMOLED (an even advanced version of AMOLED), Resistive Touchscreen (Resistive touchscreens contain two layer of conductive material with a very small gap between them which acts as a resistance), Capacitive Touchsceen (Capacitive touchscreen technology consists of a layer of glass coated with a transparent conductor)LTPS - IPS
- Size5.5 inch
- Resolution1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Pixel Density Pixel Density (PPI) is refers to the concentration of pixels on a particular display, measured in pixels per inch (ppi). Pixel density is calculated by dividing the diagonal pixel resolution of a display by its diagonal size, higher pixel density better display quality.403ppi
- Touch ScreenYes
- FeaturesEye Protection, Color Temperature Adjustment, Night Mode, Sunlight Mode.
- CPU The main chipset of the device.Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, 2.0GHz, quad-core
- GPU GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is a single-chip processor designed to rapidly manipulate and alter memory to accelerate the creation of images in a frame buffer intended for output to a display, This includes things such as lighting effects, object transformations, and 3D motion.Adreno 506
- RAM (Memory) RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that can be accessed randomly, any byte of memory can be accessed without touching the preceding bytes that allows information to be stored and accessed quickly from random locations. RAM is the most common type of memory found in computer systems, smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.4GB
- Internal Storage Internal Storage is a data storage space (flash memory) mostly used in smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices where operating system, apps, music, photos, videos, files and other user data Is stored.64GB
- Memory Card Slot Memory Card Slot is a special slot for inserting a memory card. Memory cards allow you to expand the phone's built-in memory, A memory card (sometimes called a flash memory card or a storage card) is a small storage medium used to store data such as text, pictures, audio, and video, for use on small, portable or remote computing devices such as mobile phones, mp3 players, digital cameras.Yes (up to 128GB)
- Sensors Sensors are electronic components that detects and responds to some type of input from the physical environment. The specific input could be light, heat, motion, moisture, pressure and location, The output is generally a signal that is converted to use in computing systems, a location sensor, such as a GPS receiver is able to detect current location of your electronic device.Fingerprint Sensor, Infrared Sensor, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Hall Sensor, E-Compass
- Operating System OS => Every computer system run on a base software called Operating System (OS). Operating System controls all basic operations of the computer (such as smartphone, PDAs, tablet computers and other handheld devices). The Operating System allows the user to install and run third party applications (apps), apps are used to add new functionality to the device.Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- User Interface UI or user interface of a device is the look and feel of the on-screen menu system. How it works, its color scheme, how it responds to button presses, all of these things are part of the user interface.MIUI 9
- Rear Camera Camera is able to capture photographs and usually videos, The most important characteristics of a camera are the resolution (measured in megapixels), lens focus type (fixed or automatic), higher megapixel cameras are known to capture higher quality photos, but not always a good measurement of the photos quality.12 MP f/2.2 + 12 MP f/2.6
- VideoRear: 4K video capture at 30 fps, 1080p video capture at 30 fps, 720p video capture at 30 fps, Slow motion video 720p at 120 fps.
- Flash Flash Light => There is commonly two types of flash lights are used in camera mobile phones, LED Flash (LED flash offers lower power consumption with drive circuitry that takes up very little room, LEDs can be strobed faster than any other light source), Xenon Flash (xenon flash produces an extremely intense full-spectrum white light for a very short duration)Dual LED (Dual Tone) Flash
- Front Camera5 MP
- SIM SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) is a small card that contains mobile network subscriber's account information. This allows the phone using the card to attach to a mobile network. The SIM card is most commonly associated with GSM and UMTS mobile networks. Moving a SIM card from one phone to another allows a subscriber to switch mobile phones without having to contact their mobile network carrier. SIM cards can also be used by a phone to store limited amounts of data, such as phone numbers and text messages.Nano SIM
- Dual SIMYes (With Hybrid MicroSD Expansion)
- Wi-fi Wi-Fi is a popular wireless networking technology using radio waves to provide high-speed network connections that allows devices to communicate without cords or cables, Wi-Fi is increasingly becoming the preferred mode of internet connectivity all over the world.Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-Band, WiFi Direct
- USBUSB-C 2.0
- GPS GPS The Global Positioning System is a satellite-based radio navigation system, GPS permits users to determine their position, velocity and the time 24 hours a day, in all weather, anywhere in the world, In order to locate your position, your device or GPS receiver must have a clear view of the sky.Yes - GPS/ AGPS/ Glonass/ BDS
- NFC NFC (Near field communication) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish peer-to-peer radio communications with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
- Headphone Jack
- Capacity Battery Capacity3000mAh
- Video PlaybackMP4, M4V,MKV, XVID, WAV, AAC, MP3, AMR, FLAC, APE
- 4G LTE 4G LTE bandsBand 1/3/5/7/8
- SpeedHSPA, HSPA+, LTE, LTE+