MTK has change the chipset world in the feature-phone time, their turnkey business mode pull the feature phone’s price to the floor, and give them another name: China Phone.
Although MTK have won the war on the low-price phone, but lost on the 3G telecom processor. Qualcomm and
Samsung have lauched dual-core and quad-core processor, and these processores are most important heart for smartphone. Of course, MTK never give up on it, and released their first dual-core chipset: MT6577. It is a superior weapons to challenge Qualcomm in the smartphone field.
What is the new feature on the MT6577? Here is the main specs:
- 1.0G~1.2G ARM Cortex A9 dual core chip
- GPU：built-in PowerVR SGX 531
- Support 1080p/30fps video recording and playing
- Support up to 16 megapixel camera
- 40nm manufactur technology
- Support dual SIM card on both WCDMA and GSM network
The first Android phone with MT6577 processor will be released in July, and the price will be about $200. We have got news from some factory, Lenovo A789, Apanda A90, 360 Alcatel AK47 will be first batch phones with the new dual-core processor.