OnePlus had earlier stated that the OnePlus 3 was going to get an Android Nougat beta update by the end of November, not wanting to break their promise, they released the update shortly before the end of yesterday which was literally the end of November.
- multi-window view
- a new notification design
- a new settings menu
- custom DPI support
- notification direct reply
- improved shelf customization,
- status bar icon options
- and quick launch for 3rd party applications.
There have also been some reported issues, which means if you can’t live with them, you would have to wait till the stable variant comes out later this month. The issues are:
- Android pay not working correctly
- stability and performance issues
- incompatibility with TWRP, so you’ll have to use stock recovery
- inability to directly downgrade back to Marshmallow builds, although the customer service team has a special build of Android M that will format your phone when you downgrade.
There is a chance that more bugs will be noticed but if you are willing to serve a greater good by helping to test out the update, please do grab the update so that you can relay your feedback to the team before the stable version is out.
The update will have to be manually downloaded and flashed via adb sideload for those already running open beta releases. Just head to the OnePlus Forum or directly to the download page. File size is 1.3GB.
Source: AndroidPoliceAlways be the first to know. Follow us: