OnePlus always take care of their devices by providing time-to-time updates. Talking about OnePlus 6, it carries high-end specs and is confirmed to get Android Pie 9.0 very soon. Users who want to install the Android Pie 9.0 before anyone else on their OnePlus 6 devices, can follow this guide. We will be showing you how to install Android Pie 9.0 Beta on the OnePlus 6.
OnePlus 6 launched few months ago, carries Snapdragon 845 with 6/8GB of RAM and 64/128/256 GB of storage variants. It packs 6.28 inches full view display with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels and for protection, it uses Gorilla Glass 5. Further, it holds dual 16MP+20MP Camera with OIS + EIS on the rear side. In the front side, OnePlus has added 16MP Sony IMX 519 sensor with 1.22μm pixels and 3300 mAh battery is also present. It supports Dash charging which can charge your device upto 60% in just 30 minutes.
Well, before moving ahead to install the Android Pie 9.0 beta on your OnePlus 6 make sure to backup the data on your device. As the the beta builds are not stable and it may lead to loss of data. Usually in beta builds, there are lot of bugs and you will not get smooth functionality as on the stable build. Still, if you want to install the Android Pie 9.0 beta on OnePlus 6 then follow the guide below.
Install Android Pie 9.0 beta on OnePlus 6
- The phone should be on the latest OxygenOS version. Rooted Android phone is not compatible with the Android 9.0 Pie beta build from OnePlus.
- Download the OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta ROM on your device.
- Phone should be charged above 60% with stable internet connection.
Download OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta ROM
- Users can download the OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta by heading to the download page from here on your computer or directly from your device.
- You will find the ROM in the “ROM Downloads” section below the OnePlus 6.
- Get the OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta ROM from the “Download” button.
Steps to install Android Pie 9.0 beta on OnePlus 6
Please be careful while following the steps below.
- Download the OnePlus 6 OxygenOS Open Beta ROM from the above section.
- Then, transfer the file to your OnePlus 6 if you downloaded on any other device. You can transfer it by installing the Android Transfer Program or by any other method.
- After transferring, make sure the ROM file is present in the internal storage’s root directly. If not, you can move the file from the folder in the File Manager to the root directory of your device’s Internal Storage.
- After transferring and moving the ROM file to right place. You need to head over to Settings > System updates, then select three vertical dot on the top-right of the screen.
- Select Local upgrade option and find the file in the storage, and tap on Install.
- Select immediately upgrade, and system will upgrade to 100%.
- You have to reboot the device for the completion.
- Hurray !! you will be greeted by Android P after reboot.
Your device is running on the latest Android P OxygenOS build. It is a beta build and will get OTA update of the future updates. You also need not to worry about the stable build, as it will be updated via the usual updating process to the stable build once the update arrives.