To round off the year, Realme has released the ColorOS 5.2 update for the rest of its phones. The update was already released for the Realme 1 over a month ago. Now it has started rolling out to the Realme 2, Realme 2 Pro and the Realme C1.
The update is a staged rollout and will not arrive on all devices immediately. However, if you are unwilling to wait for the OTA, Realme has provided links to download it manually.
The update brings new features and also December’s security patch among others. Below is the changelog for the Realme 2 and Realme C1:
- Single swipe notification dismiss – Now you can swipe from left to right to dismiss the notification.
- Headset icon in the status bar – A headset icon in the status bar will be shown when you plug in the headset.
- Smart Bar for faster multitasking – You can add apps you use often into “Smart Bar” for faster app launching and multitasking.
- Added reboot function – You can swipe up to reboot in the shutdown interface.
- Optimized reminders when Developer Options, Accessibility Mode and Device Manager on – Flashing bar, on-going notification and text at the upper right corner for “Developer Options”, “Accessibility” and “Device & Privacy” have been deleted.
- Improved frequency for touch screen.
- Long press power button for 0.5s to launch Google Assistant.
- Android Security Patch Level: December 5, 2018.
The update is also rolling out to the Realme 2 Pro. Owners of this phone will get a redesigned set of icons, a screen battery optimization mode, and support for slow-motion video recording.
If you want to manually download the update, you can do so here. The installation instructions are the same as that of the Realme 2 and Realme C1.