The ColorOS 5.2 update is a staged rollout so it might take a few days before it hits your device. The changelog is pretty long but we will list some of the new features the update brings below:
- Wake voice assistant by holding the power button for 0.5s.
- Use the AI assistant to scan words, translate images, scan documents, answer questions etc.
- Smart Car mode – automatically detects when you are driving and blocks notifications and reminders.
- Hyper Boost
- Smart Sidebar – add frequently-used apps to the smart sidebar which can be accessed by swiping from the side of the screen.
- New restart feature – long press power button and swipe up to reboot in the shutdown interface.
- Application Quick Freeze – Freeze idle apps to free system resource and reduce power consumption.
- New video editing tool allows you to adjust video speeds, add themes and effects to your videos.
- Added SOS emergency feature – press the power button 5 times and it automatically calls the preset emergency number and also sends your location and photo to the number.
If you don’t want to wait for the OTA, you can download the update for the OPPO R15 (PACM00 and PACT00) and for the OPPO R15 Dream Mirror Edition here. The update is 2037MB for the R15 and 2119MB for the Dream Mirror Edition.