Buy blackview bv6000s phones

Meizu sold over 20 Million Smartphones In 2015, Growth Rate Impressive!

by Joe 276 views3

Compared to rivals like Xiaomi and Huawei, we can say that Meizu was late to enter and make a mark in the smartphone industry. This is clearly evident from the fact that the company managed to sell only about 4.40 million units in 2014, as compared to rivals, who easily sold in double figures.

new meizu logo

However, that doesn’t mean we can rule out Meizu from the competition as the company has shown tremendous promise this year. Since the launch of the low cost yet attractive Blue Charm series, the company’s sales have been growing pretty well.

Now, Meizu revealed in an event that the cumulative smartphone sales of the company has surpassed 20 million units in 2015. This is a 350% increase in sales year over year, which shows that the company has done well in the past 12 month period.


Given such a growth in the sales in just a year, we would be thinking Meizu has big targets for 2016. However, that’s not the case, as Li Nan, Meizu’s VP has revealed that the company will control the sales next year and it should exceed around 25 million units.

While this is a surprising strategy from the company, it makes sense to some extent. The company is still tiny as compared to giants such as Samsung and Apple. So, if they try to get into the rat race of sales numbers, they will most likely lose the product quality. But they cannot afford to lose that since Meizu is often considered as an affordable yet quality smartphone maker. So, if they manage to limit the sales to 25 million units next year, it would be easier for them to focus on the quality of the smartphones produced next year.

Of the expected sales next year, the ratio of Meizu MX series to Blue Charm series should be 3:7. This means that, about 30% of the 25 million units sold is expected to be an MX series phone and the rest 70% to be a Blue Charm device.

What do you think about Meizu’s strategy to control the amount of sales in 2016?


Buy Xiaomi Mi5
  • Muhammad Yasir

    as long as the quality is top notch AND the price REASONABLE and world beater , nothing can stop meizu from ascending the smartphone market !

  • Victor Ksl

    The problem is they didn’t settle official service centre in my country….

  • Fox Hunter

    I would love a Meizu with their Flyme OS, if only they would not include Gapps and google play in their international sales. Let people install those if they want to. It is easier to install Gapps and google play than to uninstall and delete them.