Oppo Find 7 was the flagship smartphone for the company previous year. The smartphone was launched with other variants Find 7a, both the smartphones in this flagship series were highly acclaimed for the top-notch hardware packed inside. Some of the highlights are 3GB/2GB of RAM respectively on Find 7 and 7a respectively, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.3GHz. A 13MP rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera for video conferencing.
For in-depth specifications visit Find 7
Now CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) is available for Oppo Find 7 which brings close to stock user interface on your smartphone. If you want to try something different than Color OS on your Find 7 then CyanogenMod 12 is the perfect alternative for you to test.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your smartphone. I suggest TWRP and CWM (ClockworkMod) but I recommend TWRP.
- Make sure your phone has enough juice left on your Find 7 till the process finishes. 70% charge should be enough.
- USB Cable to transfer files or Wi-Fi direct or you can directly download them on your smartphone.
- You must have Oppo Find 7, this guide is not for smartphone other than Find 7.
If you are proceeding further then I will assume that you know the consequences of flashing custom ROMs. Beyond this point, the warranty of your smartphone is VOID so proceed with extreme caution. You can not/will not blame GIZMOCHINA or me for any kind of potential damage to you and your smartphone. Be safe and enjoy CM12 for Find 7. If you haven’t heard about terms like Flashing, Custom Roms, and Recoveries then you must leave the website.
Backup all your personal stuff, like pictures, videos, contacts and call logs. We are advising you to backup because the procedure mentioned below will erase all the data stored on the internal storage.
Installing CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) Android Lollipop on Oppo Find 7
- Download the latest CM12 nightly and Android Lollipop Google applications from the link below.
- Download CM12 for Oppo Find 7. Click here.
Download Google Application for Lollipop. Click here.
- Transfer these files to the root directory of your smartphone.
- Now reboot your smartphone into recovery mode by powering it on while holding Volume Up and Power key simultaneously.
- Inside recovery first Backup your current ROM in case you want to move back to Color OS or previous ROM.
- After creating a Backup, Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, User Data, System and Internal Storage (Optional).
- Now select Install zip and then browse the CyanogenMod 12 file you transferred on your smartphone.
- Flash it.
- Then via above step flash Google Applications.
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot to System.
First boot generally takes some time so wait for few minutes and be patient.Always be the first to know. Follow us: