A couple of months ago, we heard Google was making a mid-range Pixel phone for the Indian market. The report also said the phone may launch in July. We haven’t heard anything since then. However, there is new info on another Google mobile device, one that will not launch until next year.
According to popular leaker, Roland Quandt, Google is working on a mobile device that will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710. He adds that the device is scheduled to launch in the first half of next year.

Is this the same mid-range device from before or a different one? We can’t say. A follow-up tweet says hardware development began last month.
Off to Taiwan for @computex_taipei today, but here's a tidbit for ya: Google is working on a "mobile" device based on the Snapdragon 710 currently scheduled for launch in the 1st half of 2019. Sounds like this might be the (or one of them) upcoming mid-range Pixel phone.
— Roland Quandt (@rquandt) June 2, 2018
While we only know the processor and release date, it is safe to say this device will be in the upper mid-range category. The Snapdragon 710 already debuted in its first device – the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE. If the Pixel does launch next year, there is a high chance it will no longer be Qualcomm’s most powerful mid-range chipset. Also, the fact that it will likely bear the Pixel name means it won’t be cheap. Our guess is it will be priced around $500.
READ MORE: Google Is Working On A Standalone AR Headset
It is not much of a surprise that Google wants to make a less-expensive Pixel. Now that it has sort of become a proper phone company and is bent on taking on Apple, it does make sense that it is offering cheaper options. How well that goes down with its Android partners remains to be seen.
(Source)







Comments