Recently, Xiaomi has launched the Stable MIUI 10 for 12 smartphones in China. Now, Xiaomi has started the rollout of the same MIUI 10 Stable ROM update for Redmi Y2 via OTA in India. It seems Xiaomi has responded quite quickly to the users demands for latest stable ROM update in India. Today, Global VP of Xiaomi, Manu Kumar Jain announced the update via his official Twitter Handle.
Manu Kumar Jain quoted that MIUI 10 stable ROM for Redmi Y2 is now available. He also added that the remaining devices will soon receive the stable update with a jump to the latest MIUI version.
Redmi Y2 MIUI 10 stable update details
The new update is available with firmware version MIUI 10.0.1.0.OEFMIFH having a size of 501 MB. The update also features August security patch with major changes and addition of new features. The MIUI 10 brings features like full-screen gestures, redesigned volume sliders, better multitasking control, new UI, redesigned notification panel, new natural sounds and much more.
Feature of MIUI 10 stable update:
- Xiaomi has adjusted all the screen elements for the full-screen display.
- Added new full-screen gestures that will change the way you interact with your device.
- Allows content to take the front stage by emphasizing more on content rather than the design elements.
- New sound system with natural sound presets.
- They have added smart filters, so that you can hear the ringtone or other sounds even in the noise.
- Ambient sounds like forests, drizzle, birds chirping, fire, water, etc added to the system.
- AI based camera to generate “bokeh effect” from single lens camera.
- Major UI revamp for apps like Clocks, Notes,etc.
The update is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) for Redmi Y2. You guys can also download the MIUI 10 Stable ROM build from the source below and can manually flash it.
- Read More: Xiaomi Redmi Y2 with Amazing AI Selfie Camera, Dual Cameras Unveiled for Rs. 9,999 (~$149)
How to update the Redmi Y2 with MIUI 10 Stable ROM
In order to update, you can either wait for OTA update or can flash ROM manually.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- You can update the phone by heading to the Settings panel >> About phone >> System update and hit “Check Updates” button.
- Download the update and install It
- Your device will be restarted and ultimately, Redmi Y2 will be running on MIUI 10 Stable ROM.
Manually Flashing MIUI 10 stable ROM on Redmi Y2:
In order to manually flash the MIUI Stable ROM, you should have the latest build and official latest Recovery. You can download them from the source link below.
- Download the MIUI 10 update
- Transfer it to the download_roms folder on your device.
- Backup your important data.
- Goto Settings panel >> About Phone >> System Update >tap 3-dot icon in the top right.
- Then select choose update package >> select the MIUI 10 update zip.
- System will start installing it and will take 12-20 minutes for completion.
- Upon completion, device will be restarted and you will see stable MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi device.
- Read More: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S gets Android Pie 9 update via latest public beta developer build (MIUI 10 8.9.7)
The users who are not into these things, have to wait for the official rollout to reach your unit. Usually, it will take few days to reach out to every single unit of the Redmi Y2 in India. Well, how many of you have already received the update ? Share your views via comments form below.