If you are one of the first lucky owners of the OnePlus 2, check if you have received a new update. OnePlus has just informed its users that the company is rolling out its first OTA update, namely Oxygen v2.0.1 for the OnePlus 2 today. The update will come with a lot of improvements and bug fixes, however one of the highlights will be the patch for the Stagefright security exploit.
- Added a patch for the Stagefright security exploit
- Improves battery performance
- Improves user interface logic and coherence
- Fixed an issue with pinch-to-zoom in Google Photos
- Fixed an issue where Dark Mode would cause instability in certain apps
- Fixed an issue related to import/export of contacts stored on SIM card
- Additional support for global carrier APNs
- Other improvements and bug fixes
The update will start rolling out first in India and later to other regions. As a result, if you still haven’t received the notification for the update, don’t worry you will get it soon.
— OnePlus (@oneplus) August 21, 2015
One thing to note is that the update is going to be big, around 1.1GB. The servers are still quite slow which means you might have to wait for a while to completely download and install the Oxygen v2.0.1 update on your OnePlus 2.
Let us know if your OnePlus 2 has received the update.