Realme announced a few weeks ago that it will begin pushing out a new update to its phones. Today it announced it is now the turn of its first smartphone, the Realme 1. The update arrives as ColorOS 5.2 which is also rolling out to some OPPO phones.
ColorOS 5.2 brings lots of new features and fixes to the phone. It also includes October’s security patch. Below are some of the new features:
- One swipe dismiss for notifications.
- Headset icon in the status bar.
- Status bar does not flash with developer options and accessibility activated.
- New desktop icons.
- Smart bar for seamless multitasking
- October security patch.
- Added “Game Space”. This is Realme’s version of the game modes we have seen on other phones which optimizes performance and activates DND mode.
- Support for audio playback mode in the video player.
- New boot animation.
- New lock screen interface.
- Long press power button for 0.5s to launch Google Assistant.
- Added “Smart Scan” to translate text by photo.
Realme says this is a staged rollout that will only hit a limited number of devices today. The wider rollout will begin on December 3 if no critical bug is found.
However, if you don’t want to wait, Realme says you can register here and the update will be pushed to you in about 24 hours. The page asks if you own a Realme 1 and proceeds to ask for your IMEI1 number.