Yesterday, through the official Weibo account of MIUI, Xiaomi had announced that it will delivering “good news” today at 10 AM (local time). Today, the Chinese manufacturer has confirmed on Weibo that 40 Xiaomi devices are eligible to receive the MIUI 9 update.
In July 2017, Xiaomi had announced the MIUI 9 update, an Android ROM based on Android Nougat. It began the rollout of the MIUI 9 global ROM early in November. The company has now officially confirmed that it will be bringing the MIUI 9 update to 40 devices.
The list includes the following devices:
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2, Mi MIX
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi Note 2, Mi Note
- Xiaomi Mi 6, Mi 5X, Mi 5, Mi 5c, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 4s, Mi 4c, Mi 4, Mi 3, Mi 2, Mi 2S
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2, Mi Max
- Xiaomi Redmi 5, Redmi 5 Plus, Redmi 5A, Redmi 4X, Redmi 3S, Redmi 3X, Redmi 4A, Redmi 4 (High Edition), Redmi 2, Redmi 2A, Redmi 1S
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, Redmi Note 5A, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Pro, Redmi Note
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 3, Mi Pad 2, Mi Pad
Xiaomi is currently testing MIUI 9 update for Redmi 4 Standard Edition and Redmi 3. These handsets are also expected to get the MIUI 9 upgrade.
As it can bee seen in the above list, the Mi 2 is a device that was released in 2012 whereas the Mi 3, Mi 2S and 2A smartphones are from 2013. This shows that engineers at Xiaomi have put a lot of effort to make sure that the latest MIUI 9 update is available for most of its devices. One should be aware of the fact the MIUI 9 is the last major MIUI update for some of the oldest smartphones list above.