The 2nd-gen Nokia 6 launched with Android 7.1 Nougat but once you powered it on for the first time, you got a notification for the Android Oreo update. That update is now hitting the first-gen model too.
After weeks in beta, users can now update their phones to a stable version of Android Oreo. The update which is about 1.5GB in size, not only updates the phone to Android 8.0 but brings a number of new features too. Below is a translation of the change log of the Chinese version:
- Upgrade to Android 8.0
- Updated Settings UI
- Add -1 screen and pedometer card
- Enhanced Power Saving and background activity manager
- Enhanced low light camera image quality
- Added screen wake for notifications, scrolling screenshot
- Screen Record function
- Add Nokia cloud account Service
The update will roll-out gradually, so if you have not received it yet, you will have to be patient.